China solar ban – level 1
Solar energy comes from the sun. The photovoltaic business changes solar energy into electricity. China controls most of the business.
The Chinese media say that China wants to stop the export of components for solar panels. This news is not good for Western countries. They need components from China. The country will still export solar panels.
American and European engineers know how to make solar panels. The business hasn’t fully grown in the West. China has power. The United States and Europe have no factories to make solar components. People need many years to build the factories.
Difficult words: export (to send things to another country for people to buy), component (a part of a machine or vehicle), West, Western (countries that are west of Asia, usually Europe, the UK, and the US).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What will happen to the solar energy industry?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.