Chinese and Russian ships sail near Japan – level 1
The Japanese government says that Chinese and Russian ships sail near its islands.
Five Chinese and five Russian ships sail through the Tsugaru Strait. The strait is an international waterway. An international waterway means that any ship can sail through it.
Still, Japan is not happy about this. Japan is afraid of China and Russia. Japan watches the ships carefully.
China and Russia do military exercises near Japan this month. They break no international rules. Experts say that China and Russia want to make Japan nervous. They often do military exercises together.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.