Chinese and Vietnamese ships – level 1
A Vietnamese television station shows a video. It is from the South China Sea. The video shows a big boat. The big boat goes behind a small boat. Then the small boat sinks.
The large boat is Chinese. The small boat is Vietnamese. Vietnam says that the Chinese boat hit the Vietnamese boat. China does not agree. They say something different. Both countries blame each other.
Difficult words: sink (go underwater), agree (think/say that something is true), blame each other (when one person says that other person does something wrong and the second person says the same).
Does your country have sea?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.