Chinese and Vietnamese ships – level 2
A Vietnamese TV station recently broadcast a video. It was filmed in the South China Sea. It showed a large boat which was closely following a smaller fishing boat. Then in another shot, the small boat sank.
Vietnamese media say that the Chinese large boat ran into the small Vietnamese boat and used water cannons on Vietnamese coast guards. Chinese media say that the Vietnamese ship attacked the Chinese fishing boat and then collided with the large boat. Both countries blame each other.
Difficult words: broadcast (show), collide (hit by accident when moving), blame (say that somebody did something wrong).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Does your country have sea?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.