Chinese boy in a washing machine – level 1
This news is about a boy. He is three years old. He goes to the laundry room. His parents are not watching him. They are with their guests.
The boy gets inside a washing machine. He cannot get out. He is stuck. He calls for help. Luckily, his parents hear him.
Firefighters save the boy. They break the washing machine and take him out. The boy is fine.
Difficult words: laundry room (place where you wash clothes), guest (person who visits you at your home), stuck (you cannot move).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Why do Chinese get stuck so often?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.