Chinese man looks like Obama – level 2
Xiao is a Chinese man who looks like Barack Obama. His birthday is one day apart from Obama’s, and they also share the same blood type.
Xiao’s English is bad, but he can still capture the spirit of Barack Obama. When he goes on stage to speak, he speaks in a mix of real English and fake English. Nobody understands him, but he sounds like the president.
Xiao is an actor. He played roles in experimental short films, and he plays a gangster in a comedy film. People will release the film next summer.
Difficult words: spirit (the way somebody speaks and does things), stage (a raised area where speakers speak and actors in a theatre act), release (to show something to people).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about Xiao?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.