Chinese wine – level 2
China’s wine market is very big, and it is still growing. In the past, Chinese wine was not very good quality, and Chinese winemakers worked hard to change the image of their wine.
Ian Dai is a well-known winemaker who is using techniques like natural fermentation because he believes that it helps the wine taste better. The 33-year-old man studied in Australia, and he is now near the Mongolian border, where he grew one of the best Chinese grapes.
Dai wanted to know how the taste of wine changed in different parts of the country. In 2018, he started his business, and in the first year, he sold 500 bottles. The following year, he sold 20,000 bottles.
Chinese winemakers work hard to make their wine better than in the past. They use healthier and riper grapes, and the result is great. Many Chinese buyers say that Chinese wine is almost as good as wine from Spain or France, especially red wine.
Difficult words: image (the idea which people have about something), fermentation (a process during which bacteria change the taste of some food or drink), ripe (when fruit is ready for people to pick it and eat it).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.