Chocolate Fashion Show – level 2
Salon du Chocolat created chocolate clothing, and models then wore the clothing at a fashion show in Paris. The fashion show is part of a chocolate fair which takes place every year.
People say that it is the largest chocolate fair in the world. Chocolatiers, pastry chefs and confectioners come from all over the world to the fair.
In the movie ‘Forrest Gump’, Forrest Gump said that, ‘Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re going to get’. Fashion shows seem to be like boxes of chocolates, too!
Difficult words: chocolatier (a person who works with chocolate), pastry (bakery like croissants, pies, cakes, etc.), confectioner (a person who works with candy), Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re going to get (this means that you cannot tell what your life will be like in the future).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.