Chocolate Fashion Show – level 3
Salon du Chocolat created clothing made of chocolate and models wore the creations at a fashion show in Paris which was part of an annual chocolate fair.
People say that the fair is the largest chocolate fair in the world. Chocolatiers, pastry chefs and confectioners come from across the world to this fair.
In the movie ‘Forrest Gump’, the main character said that, ‘Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re going to get’. Clearly, fashion shows can be like boxes of chocolates, too!
Difficult words: chocolatier (a person who creates chocolate and things made out of chocolate), confectioner (a person who works with candy and sweets), Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re going to get. (this saying means that you do not know what life is going to be like in the future).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.