Chocolate Highway – level 1
This news is from Poland. A truck is on a highway. It carries liquid chocolate. The truck overturns. Twelve tons of chocolate go onto the highway. People must remove it. This is not easy.
Difficult words: liquid (like water), overturn (turn over, get upside down), remove (put away).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What challenges do the people face when removing the twelve tons of chocolate from the highway?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos