Chocolate Thomas the Tank Engine – level 2
In England, master chocolatiers created a giant chocolate Thomas the Tank Engine to celebrate Easter. It took them 250 hours to make the 140-kilogramme replica of the famous blue engine.
Thomas came to King’s Cross Station in London and children and adults were happy to see him. A ‘Fat Controller’ also came to give out chocolate eggs.
Difficult words: chocolatier (a person who creates or sells chocolate), replica (something that is a copy), Fat Controller (the title for the person who runs the railway in the ‘Thomas the Tank Engine’ books).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.