Circus Has Problems – level 1
Cirque du Soleil is a famous company. The company makes shows for people. Artists and acrobats make the shows. Cirque du Soleil is a Canadian company. However, it has shows in all the world.
Now, the company has a lot of problems with money. The coronavirus stops the shows. The rules are strict. People must stay at home.
The company does not get money from tickets. The company must fire 3,500 workers. The company does not have money for their salaries.
When the situation gets better, the company wants to hire some workers again. However, nobody knows when the shows can start again.
Difficult words: acrobat (the person who performs difficult gymnastic acts), fire (to make someone lose his job), salary (the money that you get for work).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos