Cold-Water Chess – level 1
This news is about chess. There is a special version of chess. It is cold-water chess. You play chess, and you sit in very cold water.
The game is not new. Some people played in Soviet times. Now, two Russian men play it again.
The game can look a little crazy. But the men like it. They say that cold water helps you concentrate. Playing chess helps you stay in the water for longer.
Difficult words: -ed (in the past), concentrate (to think hard), stay (to be).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Would you like to try this game?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos