Collecting Bee Venom – level 2
People collect bee venom to make medicines and study brain diseases. However, some methods of collecting the venom can hurt bees, and they are already suffering from loss of places to live, diseases, and pesticides.
An Australian scientist found a new way to collect bee venom. He gives bees a piece of glass which they sting. When they sting the glass, the bees cannot get stuck or get hurt.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.