Colosseum Opens Again – level 1
Colosseum is an amphitheater. An amphitheater is a large building. It has no roof. People build amphitheaters in Italy and Greece two thousand years ago. They use amphitheaters for concerts, theater plays, and sports.
The Colosseum is in Rome, Italy. It is the largest amphitheater in the world. A museum is inside. There are many concerts and other events in the past. Then authorities must close the Colosseum. The reason is the coronavirus.
Now the situation is getting better. The Colosseum can open again. Students from a music school have a concert there. They celebrate a new beginning. The Colosseum is almost empty. Only a few people can watch the concert.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.