Complicated landing in England – level 1
This news is from England. The weather is not good there. The wind is very strong. A plane is landing. It is difficult for the plane because of the wind.
The plane moves from side to side. Luckily, the pilots are good. They keep control of the plane. They land it safely.
The wind blows at the speed of 60 miles per hour (97 kilometres per hour). It complicates transportation.
Difficult words: land (to get back on the ground), luckily (when something good happens), blow (to move).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are you afraid of flying?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.