Complicated landing in England – level 2
A person filmed a video of a plane in northern England. The plane was landing when the weather was really bad.
Strong winds swayed the plane from side to side. Luckily, the skilful pilots kept control of the plane and landed it safely. Even without the strong winds, this airport is very hard to land at.
The 60-miles-per-hour winds (97 kilometres per hour) which hit the north of England caused a wave of travel problems.
Difficult words: sway (to move), skilful (very good), wave (many things happening in a row).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are you afraid of flying?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos