Congo fights – level 1
Heavy fights start in Congo last week. Rebels attack soldiers near the area with Uganda and Rwanda. It is 50 kilometers from the city of Goma.
The attack happens at night. The government sends more soldiers there. It is not clear who controls the situation.
Soldiers chase the rebels into Rwanda and Uganda in 2013. In November 2021, they attack two important villages. They are the last two villages which the rebels control.
The government and the rebels want to talk. They want to stop the fights. Sadly, it is not easy to make a deal.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.