Conjoined Twin Girls – level 1
Conjoined twin girls are born in Bhutan. They share parts of their bodies with one another. It can be hard to survive if you are a conjoined twin.
Now they are 15 months old. Their mother takes them to Australia to get surgery. The surgery can separate them.
Eighteen doctors and professionals help the girls. They take 6 hours to do the surgery. The girls have only one abdomen. The doctors must make each baby a new abdomen.
The surgery goes well. The girls are getting better.
Difficult words: conjoined twins (when two brothers or sisters are born at the same time and they share parts of their bodies together), survive (live through a difficult time), separate (turn into two normal babies), abdomen (the middle of your body – where food goes after you eat it).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos