Conjoined Twins Born in Palestine – level 1
In the Gaza Strip, Palestine, special twins are born at a hospital. They are conjoined twins. The middle of their bodies is the same. They have two heads and two pairs of lungs.
The hospital cannot do a separation surgery. Hospitals in the USA and Saudi Arabia can do the surgery.
Many conjoined twins die after one day. However, these twin girls are still alive. They are eating.
Difficult words: conjoined twins (twins whose bodies are together), separation surgery (when doctors cut the twins to make two normal bodies).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos