Coronavirus and Olympics – level 2
London officials said that the city can host the 2020 Olympics. The International Olympic Committee chose Tokyo, the capital of Japan, to host the 2020 Olympics.
However, some people believe that the coronavirus can make problems in Japan. Japanese officials said that there are about 100 people sick with the coronavirus. Japanese officials do not think that the coronavirus can influence the Olympics.
A London official said that London is ready to help Tokyo. London held the Olympics in 2012, and the city can hold the biggest sporting event again. The city knows how to organize big sporting events.
The International Olympic Committee does not think that it is necessary to move the Olympics to London.
Difficult words: host (to make the space and prepare all things that are necessary for an event), International Olympic Committee (a sports organization that plans the Olympic Games), influence (to change).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.