Coronavirus in Europe – level 1
Many European countries have problems with the coronavirus. Many new people become sick every day. Governments come up with strict rules. People do not like them.
In spring, some businesses must close because of the coronavirus. A lot of people lose their jobs. The situation happens again now. People are starting to be angry and confused. They do not understand some rules. They do not trust officials.
Pubs, restaurants, and gyms close in many countries. In Madrid, Spain, people can travel in and out of town only for work. The situation is serious. People are very unhappy.
Governments must communicate better. People need to understand what is happening. Countries must get the virus under control. But it is not possible to close all places.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.