Coronavirus in Europe – level 1
The coronavirus is in Europe. The situation is very bad in many countries. Countries make strict rules for people. Schools close. People must stay at home.
It seems that the situation gets better now. Some countries plan to make their rules less strict. Italy opens factories on May 4. However, the country does not open schools until September. France opens schools on May 11.
The worst situation is in Spain. Children can leave their homes after six weeks. The streets are full of children and their parents. The Spanish government wants to allow outdoor sports and activities in May.
People are happy. They think that the coronavirus is gone. However, the governments in some countries are afraid. They think that the coronavirus can come back.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.