Coronavirus in Royal Family – level 1
Prince Charles is the eldest son of Queen Elizabeth II. He is 71 years old. He is the future King of the UK. Prince Charles is ill. He has the coronavirus. His illness is not very strong. He does not have other health problems. His wife, Camilla, is healthy.
Charles and Camilla are in Scotland now. They stay in quarantine. It is not clear when Charles becomes ill. He meets a lot of people.
In the UK, there are 11,600 cases of coronavirus. Almost 600 people die. It is not safe for the Queen to stay in London. The Queen is 93 years old. She is healthy. However, she leaves London. She stays at Windsor Castle. It is 19 miles from London.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.