Couple falls from a cliff – level 1
A Polish couple is in Portugal. The two of them are on a cliff. They take pictures. Something happens and they fall from the cliff. Their children don’t fall. They are fine. They are seeing psychologists.
Police look for the bodies of the couple. They find them. They want to move them out of the water. It is not easy because the weather is bad.
Difficult words: couple (two people who like each other), cliff (high rock which is close to the sea), psychologist (if something bad happens to you, this person can help you).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
How could this happen?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.