COVID-19 booster vaccine – level 1
A group of scientists from all over the world have some news about a COVID-19 booster vaccine. A booster vaccine is a vaccine which makes a previous vaccine stronger. A vaccine is a medicine that stops you from getting sick.
Some scientists believe that the booster vaccine is important. It protects people from the coronavirus. Then, the latest study says that older COVID-19 vaccines work well. They protect people enough.
A problem is that rich countries buy booster vaccines. Companies cannot make enough vaccines for other countries. Countries must think about other people. They must remember that people in other countries need vaccines, too.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.