COVID-19 vaccination in the EU – level 1
Ursula von der Leyen is the president of the European Commission. She has good news this week. She says that 70% of adults in the EU are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means that they get two shots of a vaccine.
The number is high. It is better than people think. The number does not include children and teenagers. It is important that more people get a vaccine. It will help stop new types of the coronavirus.
The EU sends vaccines to other countries in the world. All people must be able to get vaccines against COVID-19.
Difficult words: adult (someone who is not a child anymore), vaccinate (to get a vaccine which is a medicine that stops you from being sick), include (to make something a part of a group).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos