Crane falls down in New York – level 2
A bride was in a salon in New York when a nearby 330-tonne crane fell down. On her way to the New York city hall, she got caught up in the chaos.
The crane destroyed buildings, cars and many lives. Firefighters evacuated the aera. Why the crane collapsed is not yet known.
The bride was fine. Firefighters helped her so she could get to her wedding.
Difficult words: crane (a very big, tall, metal thing for moving heavy things), get caught up (to become involved in an incident), collapse (to fall).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What would you do if you saw a crane like this one fall down?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos