Crane operator saves a man – level 1
A big fire happens in Reading, UK. A building at the Station Hill place is in flames.
A worker gets stuck up high. He cannot get away. Glen Edwards is a 65-year-old crane operator. He slowly moves a cage to help the man. It takes some time to put the cage in the right place. People are watching the rescue from the ground. They are scared as the fire gets closer.
Finally, the worker gets in the cage. Edwards takes him down safely. People clap for Glen Edwards. Even the fire service people say that Edwards is a hero. Two people must go to the hospital for breathing smoke. No one else gets hurt.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What was the age of the crane operator who rescued the worker from the burning building?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.