Crocodile attacks a girl – level 1
Amelie is 18 years old. She comes from Hampshire, UK. She travels to Zambia with her family and friends.
Amelie is in a boat on the Zambezi river. A crocodile attacks her. The crocodile wants to pull the girl under the water. Crocodiles normally do this. They kill animals this way.
Amelie is lucky. Her father and friends scare the crocodile. It swims away. Amelie must go to hospital. The animal injures her leg and lip.
Now, Amelie is in a hospital in the UK. Doctors say that she will be fine. She has bad dreams. She often thinks about the attack. Still, she would like to go back to Zambia in the future. Amelie says that one bad experience cannot stop her.
Difficult words: crocodile (a very large animal with a hard skin and big teeth, and which lives near rivers and lakes), injure (to hurt someone), experience (something that happens to a person).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos