Crossing a River in the Air – level 1
This happens in Ukraine. A 78-year-old woman lives in a small village. A river blocks access to shops. She has to walk a detour for several kilometres. It takes 30 minutes. Or she can use a flying trough. Fifty years ago, her husband made it.
The trough is fast. It takes only five minutes to cross the river. Before, the river is not scary to the woman. Now she is older. She is scared of the river.
The local government wants to build a bridge near her home.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.