Dancing thief – level 3
This thief was so happy at finding a fifty-pound note in a stolen wallet that he did a little celebratory dance.
Police have released this CCTV footage of the 31-year-old man, who took the wallet from a parked car in Birmingham. Sergeant Alan Lawless said, “We couldn’t believe it when we saw the footage. He was so happy at getting his hands on someone else’s cash that he did a little dance on the pavement. He may have felt like dancing at the time, but he looked pretty miserable when we knocked on his door to arrest him.”
The man, who has convictions for offences including shoplifting, criminal damage, and vehicle interference, was later jailed for two weeks after admitting theft. Dancing his ways behind bars!
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.