Dangerous Crossing – level 3
In a video shared by the British Transport Police, an unknown man can be seen pushing between barriers at Brimsdown Level Crossing, Hertfordshire.
After forcing his way through the gate, the man casually makes his way onto the tracks, making it across just in time as a train whizzes past. When the man reaches the other side, he glances left, and he very narrowly avoids being hit by the train.
In a statement, officials said that the man´s reckless behavior could have cost him his life. Officials also pointed out that the warning signs, barriers, and flashing lights are there for a reason. Some trains travel at high speeds, and a train, that a person thinks is in the distance, could be close within seconds.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.