Dangerous driver in Britain – level 2
A shocking video from Britain emerged. A person filmed the video from a lorry which was travelling on a highway at 60 miles per hour (96 kilometres per hour).
The video shows a blue car which overtakes the lorry and swerves right in front of it. The car then suddenly brakes and gets only inches from the lorry. After doing this dangerous thing, the car drives away fast.
The driver put the lives of many people in danger. He must pay 145 pounds and do 100 hours of unpaid work. He also must not drive for around 9 years and then retake his driving test.
Difficult words: overtake (to go faster than the car in front of you and get ahead of it), swerve (to change direction suddenly), brake (to go slower).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you agree with the man's punishment?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos