Dangerous driver – level 1
This happens in England. A car undertakes a lorry. Then, it moves to the fast lane. Then it slows down quickly in front of a car. All of this is very dangerous.
Someone films the situation.The driver of the car does not know. He does not drive safely. Police stop the man from driving. He cannot drive for 12 months. He must pay £85. He must work 150 hours without getting any money.
A policeman said that the situation was dangerous. It is amazing that the man injured no one.
Difficult words: undertake (to get close to a faster car and then go faster than the car), lorry (big car), lane (a road’s area).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Where are you from? Do people drive safely there?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos