Daniel Craig visits Cyprus – level 1
Daniel Craig is an actor. He is famous. He plays James Bond. He is also a UN advocate.
Daniel Craig visits Cyprus. Cyprus is split into two parts. One part is Turkish. The second part is Greek. There are bombs on the border.
People destroy the bombs. Daniel Craig helps with this.
Difficult words: advocate (someone who helps someone or something), split (to turn something into two or more parts), border (a line between two countries).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about Daniel Craig’s help with the bomb?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.