Davos 2024 – level 2
The final Davos panel in 2024 revealed a world in an uncertain balance. There are positive economic news but geopolitical risks at the same time.
Christine Lagarde, who leads the European Central Bank, said that while inflation is going down and global trade is going up, it doesn’t mean everything is normal. Business leaders are optimistic about increased sales and consumer demand, but what experts previously agreed on didn’t always work well.
Markets don’t respond to geopolitical troubles, which is something what many see as dangerous. These are, for example, unexpected rate cuts or world conflicts.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What factors are contributing to the current state of the global economy, as discussed at the final Davos panel in 2024?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.