Daylight Saving Time – level 2
The European Parliament voted for cancelling the summer time by 2021. The next step is to discuss the issue with EU countries.
The current law makes EU countries move their clocks forward on the last Sunday in March and move them backwards on the last Sunday in October.
Some people say that the summer time saves energy, but the European commission says that the savings are small. Also, most people in the EU want to cancel the summer time.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.