Dead Singer Sings Again – level 2
Kim Kwang-seok was a South Korean rock star who died in 1996. 25 years later, his fans could hear him sing again. He sang a song which did not exist when Kim was alive.
How did it happen? There was a TV show, and the producers planned to bring Kim back to life. An AI company used a special program which recorded Kim’s songs. The AI then learned to show feelings and emotions in songs. The program learned 20 of Kim’s songs, and the AI sang 700 Korean songs with Kim’s voice. After this training, the AI could sing a song which Kim could not know because he died before a songwriter wrote it.
Some people were happy when they heard Kim again. The producers were not sure if they did the right thing. They had to speak to Kim’s family, too. Kim’s family was very happy with the new song.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.