Dead singers sing again – level 2
Modern technologies make it possible for dead singers to return to the stage. Their holograms can sing old hits as well as new songs, but not all people like the technology.
Tupac Shakur was the first person to perform after his death at the Coachella Music Festival in 2012. Since that time, people saw many dead artists perform. Examples are Frank Zappa or Amy Winehouse. Some people didn’t like the performances, and they called them creepy. People asked if such performances celebrated the artists, or if they were clever ways to make money.
Pop star Selena Quintanilla died in 1995, but since that time, her family released 24 albums by her. On the last album, her voice was digitally changed to sound older. In a documentary about the celebrity chef Anthony Bourdain, filmmakers used modern technologies so he said things which he never really said.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.