Dead whale on a beach – level 1
A whale dies in the sea. Water carries its body. Its body goes onto a beach in Canada. The body rots, and there is gas inside it.
The whale smells really bad. It gets worse every day. Right now, people come to see the whale.
Some people worry. The whale is a problem. It is not good for health. It may also be a problem for future tourism.
Difficult words: rot (to be slowly destroyed by nature), may (can), tourism (visitors).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Have you ever seen a whale?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.