Dead woman in a suitcase – level 1
This news is from Indonesia. It is about an American tourist. Someone kills her. People find her body in a suitcase. The suitcase is in a taxi.
The woman died because someone hit her in the head. Police arrest the woman’s daughter and her boyfriend. The two left the suitcase in the taxi.
Difficult words: suitcase (bag for travelling), arrest (take to police station), leave (to put something somewhere and go away).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos