Digital health – level 1
Some Americans look at screens more than 8 hours a day. Many people sleep less than 8 hours a night. Unfortunately, screen time can hurt your eyes and brain.
Children look at screens for a longer time during COVID. Some experts say that screen time hurts their brains. This part of the brain is for critical thinking and reasoning.
The screens are also bad for their sleep. Sleep is important to their brain’s growth. The screens make a blue light. The blue light tells their brain to wait to go to sleep. The screens also make children feel more awake.
Difficult words: screen time (the time that you look at a computer, TV, phone, or another electronic thing with a screen), blue light (the light that comes out of a screen), critical thinking and reasoning (the part of the brain where you solve problems).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.