Dinosaur’s Tail in Amber – level 3
In northern Myanmar, people discovered a piece of amber, which they believe to be nearly 100 million years old. A Chinese palaeontologist showcased the finding at the Shanghai Natural History Museum.
Encased in the amber were two ants, some plant fragments small bubbles and a part of a dinosaur tail complete with feathers. People believe that this is a tail section of a Coelurosaurian, a bird-like dinosaur that was approximately the size of a chicken.
This is the first time the dinosaur material has been found fossilised in amber.
Difficult words: amber (when tree sap turns into a hard yellow material, which people use to make jewellery), palaeontologist (a scientist who is interested in fossilised animals and plants), showcase (show), fragment (a piece), encased (covered in).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.