Disneyland in China – level 1
Disney opens a theme park in Shanghai, China. It has a grand opening ceremony. Many people come. Disneyland is a big investment. It costs 5.5 billion dollars.
China is becoming a better and better place for investment. This is good for China and America, too.
There are 330 million people at the theme park. These people have enough money to go to the park. These 330 million people can get there in 3 hours.
Difficult words: theme park (a place like Disneyland), grand opening ceremony (the event when something opens for the first time and there is a big show), investment (investing/putting money into business).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos