Divers find space shuttle – level 1
Divers are filming a movie about a place in the Atlantic Ocean. It is near Florida, USA. They find parts of the Space Shuttle Challenger in the sand.
NASA confirms that the parts are from the space shuttle. They are the main body of it. They are at least 6 meters long.
On January 28, 1986, the shuttle takes off from Cape Florida. Only 73 seconds later, it breaks apart. It falls into the ocean.
Seven people are on the shuttle. They all die. This day is very sad for American people.
Later, divers find some parts of the shuttle. This discovery is the biggest in the last 20 years.
Difficult words: confirm (to say that something is true), space shuttle (a vehicle to travel into space and back), discovery (find something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos