Divers find space shuttle – level 2
In 1986, the Space Shuttle Challenger lifted off Cape Canaveral in Florida, USA. Only 73 seconds later, it broke apart, and all seven people onboard died. January 28 became one of the saddest days in American history.
Last week, divers discovered a large piece of the shuttle’s wreckage while they made a movie about the Bermuda Triangle. A part of the wreckage was under the sand, so they couldn’t exactly say how big it was. Divers could tell that it was the shuttle’s fuselage, and it was at least six meters long.
The last big discovery was in 1996 when a part of the left wing washed ashore.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.