Doctors say no to tackling in rugby – level 1
Rugby is a tough sport. People play it in England. Children play it in school. Doctors worry about the sport for children. Rugby has tackling. Tackling can hurt the children.
Some parents agree with the doctors. They do not want tackling. Some parents do not agree. They say that the sport must stay the same.
One rugby player has paralysis. It is from an injury from playing rugby. He says that people know that they will get hurt. They still want to do it. He also says that rugby helped him with his paralysis. Rugby taught him to work hard.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What are the possible benefits of rugby for children that parents should consider before making a decision?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.