Dog Gets Stuck on Cliff – level 1
In Utah, USA, a dog gets stuck on a snowy 50-foot cliff. Her owners call for a rescue operation to help her. A rescuer tries to lure her to him with food. She gets close, but she gets scared. She retreats onto the cliff.
The rescue operation has to stop for the night. The rescuer leaves the dog with food and things to keep her warm.
Somehow, the dog climbs down the mountain. She does this by herself. She has cuts on her feet, but she is OK. She goes back to her owners after her adventure.
Difficult words: operation (a way of doing something), lure (bring a person or animal towards something), retreat (go back).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos