Dog wants to hold hands – level 2
The skin condition of a dog called Pinky seriously affected her ears, and doctors had to operate on her. They removed one ear canal and now the dog is deaf.
The dog is now in an animal’s hospital in London. The hospital staff, who is taking care of Pinky, notice something unusual – the dog always wants to hold somebody’s hand. When there is somebody near her, she lifts herself and wants to hold hands. The dog loves this so much that the staff has become very good at typing with one hand!
Pinky is now looking for a new home where she can get all the love that she needs.
Difficult words: affect (to hurt/damage), deaf (unable to hear), staff (a group of people who work somewhere).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you like dogs? :-)
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.