Dogs at Law Court – level 1
People bring dogs to law courts in Sydney, Australia. The dogs help people relax.
If people are not stressed, they can give true evidence. An Australian Attorney General believes this. Many people like the dogs.
Difficult words: law court (if somebody does something bad, the court tells the person that he or she must go to prison or if he or she is free), evidence (information if something is true), Attorney General (the most important lawyer of a state).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.